One of our largest hospitals has asked me to help them find someone to fill this vacancy. Is this something you could possibly be interested in?
Title: Consultant Pathologist
Area: Forensic Services
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Type: Permanent and/or Locum
Relocation: Yes, some
Purpose: Support Auckland Regional Forensic Pathology Services
Education and Qualifications
• Post-graduate study
• Eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in the appropriate Specialtisation
• At least five years or more experience working in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment;
• Five years or more experience in a Forensic Pathologist role;
• Able to commit at least 12 to 24 months for a permanent job offer with the hospital being open to locums as well;
• Able to receive a work visa if from overseas; and
• Excellent English communications skills.
Applications are welcome from qualified forensic pathologists to join this Department of Forensic Pathology in Auckland that forms part of the Northern Forensic Pathology Service of New Zealand. The department is based in a comprehensive tertiary laboratory.
This is a full-time position working alongside four other forensic pathologists and two registrars. The department has NAME and ISO 15189 accreditation and conducts accredited subspecialty training in forensic pathology. It also participates in the teaching and training of anatomical pathology registrars, as well as medical students from the adjacent University of Auckland School of Medicine, and other allied professional groups. Research opportunities exist within the department and in collaboration with the medical school.
The department has a dedicated in-house CT scanner which is supported by experienced radiologists. Access to on-site cardiac genetic testing is available through our close relationship with the Cardiac Inherited Disease service.
A full-time workload is defined as 250 post-mortem, full and external examinations per annum which allows time for non-clinical activities. Annual service case load is approx. 1,000 post-mortem examinations. On-call commitment is 1:4. Scene visits are an expected part of the role.
Starting date is negotiable.
Enquiries regarding a locum position are also warmly welcomed.
Important Skills| Nga Pūkenga Motuhake
Applicants must have a primary medical qualification recognised by the New Zealand Medical Council and a postgraduate qualification such as FRCPA or equivalent e.g. DMJ or board-certified in forensic pathology, which allows vocational registration as a pathologist. Experience and a subspecialty interest are desirable but not essential. Applications from recently qualified forensic pathologists are welcome.
The successful applicant will have sound knowledge and skills, excellent communication skills, are able to work effectively as a member of team, adhere to the values of the organisation, and be respectful of others.
The Organisation | Ko wai mātou
New Zealand operates under a British style coronial system which is governed by the Coroner’s Act 2006. The Northern Forensic Pathology Service, with six forensic pathologists, is responsible for all coronial and forensic pathology services within the greater Auckland and Manawatu regions, and the forensic pathology service for the upper part of the North island.
• 6 weeks annual leave per annum;
• 12 paid public holidays per annum;
• 10 paid CME days per annum for a total of 51 paid days off from work;
• $16,000 for CME per year;
• $15,000 relocation if you commit to at least two years;
• Reimbursement of indemnity insurance, registration fees and college membership;
• May be eligible for up to 6% matching employer contribution to government actuary approved superannuation scheme; and
• Up to 30 paid sick days a year.
Salary in New Zealand Dollars
The employer will handle your entire registration application. All you have to do is to provide the information requested and pay the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ) invoices that will be reimbursed back to you after you start work.
New Zealand, our beautiful country, friendly people and sane politics are closer than you think!
Ngā mihi/Kind regards
Larry Beck, Director
Align International Recruitment Ltd
Christchurch, New Zealand
NZ: +64 3 366 8779 Mobile: +64 27 532 8779
Australia: 1800 750 493 UK: 0800 058 8772 USA & Canada: 1 800 511 6976
See my linkedin.com profile to read 130 recommendations.