If you hold NZ residency or Citizenship, have the experience my client is looking for, as noted below, and do *NOT* hold citizenship from the People’s Republic of China, Somalia, North Korea, Burma, Cote d’Ivoire, Iran , Eritrea, Congo, Lebanon, Libera or Libya then I would like to hear from you straight away.
Note: The successful applicant must hold NZ Residency or Citizenship in order to do contract or direct hire work for this NZ company. Apologies if you don’t meet this important requirement. I do anticipate more embedded vacancies in the future where NZ Residency or Citizenship is not required.
Where: Auckland, New Zealand
Work Type: Direct hire or Contract
Title: DevOps Engineer
Duties: You will manage, maintain and further develop IT tools, processes and procedures supporting embedded and application software development, version control, change management, artifact storage and release for production working closely with local and global software engineering teams and management.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
• Maintains and supports the use of the Integrated Design Environments (IDE) used by the software team;
• Ensures Source control tools are current and data integrity is safeguarded in terms of storage and cyber security;
• Promotes and develops tools for Continuous Integration;
• Develops and manages code quality dashboards and static code analysis;
• Develops and maintains software build servers, automated test and simulation;
• Develop and maintain binary and artefact storage and version control;
• Builds and maintains the Regression and Functional Tester rack to enable continuous software testing on physical hardware;
• Provides inputs to formal software project estimation; and
• Participates in defect and enhancement management processes.
Role Requirements include:
• Tertiary qualification in the field of engineering, computer science, information systems, or other relevant technical discipline
• Two or more years’ experience developing and maintaining software systems.
• Two or more years’ experience using Python3, including the use of Virtual Environments.
• Two or more years’ experience using Docker and Jenkins
• Two or more years’ experience managing Linux systems (desktop/server and SBC (Raspi)).
• Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, Ruby and Rake.
• Apply knowledge of good software development practices
• Experience with CMake
• Embedded C development experience
• Familiarity with PC-lint, Sonarqube or Clang-tidy.
Condition of Employment:
• Successful outcome of a National Police Check
Please email me a copy of your CV in *WORD* format to get the ball rolling with your application for this vacancy.
Ngā mihi/Kind regards
Larry Beck, Director
Align International Recruitment Ltd
Christchurch, New Zealand
NZ: +64 3 366 8779 Mobile: +64 27 532 8779
Australia: 1800 750 493 UK: 0800 058 8772 USA & Canada: 1 800 511 6976
https://www.linkedin.com/in/larrybecknzrecruiter/ to read some of my 128 recommendations.