Email this job | Print Apply For This Job
I have a permanent opportunity for a keen and skilled Hardware Engineer to join a telecommunications, Christchurch, South Island, New Zealand, based company who I have recruited for a number of years.
• Remuneration is NZ$65,000 to $110,000 per annum depending on level of experience and qualifications.
• Overseas applications are welcome by the employer and Align International Recruitment Ltd.
• This is a permanent position providing a road to permanent residency to overseas candidates.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
• Be involved in all phases of the design cycle, from requirements specification to production release and then enhancement;
• Have input into project planning, the estimation of timescales, costings, product integration and verification;
• Work closely with Engineers and Technicians in the Hardware team, as well as working with Firmware Engineers, Software Engineers, and Product Designers to come up with specifications, complete designs & validate the product for commercial release;
• Be responsible for design, implementation (including schematic capture and supervision of layout), verification and debugging of digital and baseband hardware subsystems and/or RF sub-systems;
• Identify cross-functional issues, including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behaviour), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing, cost) and development (schematic design, PCB layout and overall system integration); and
• Design for manufacture and assembly – moving a design from prototype to production.
Skills that would make you an ideal candidate include:
• Hardware Engineer with skills predominantly in digital and analogue and/or RF design to join their Hardware Development team;
• Be responsible for both enhancement activities on the current range of products and the development of new terminals and base station products.
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field;
• Experience in low power design, including analysis and design improvement (audio, power supplies, displays, analogue interfaces)
• Hands-on experience with embedded system design & integration, including SoC and wireless communication (Wi-Fi, LTE, Bluetooth, NFC, etc.)
• Experience with simulation packages including signal integrity and spice-based circuit analysis;
• Skilled in the use of test equipment and lab tools (oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analysers, logic analysers, SMD rework equipment etc);
• Familiarity with CAD tools for schematic capture and layout – including Cadence Allegro;
• Experience in writing technical specifications; and
• Good written and oral communication skills
The following are also considered an advantage:
• Experience in RF design, radio system design, and knowledge of radio compliance standards;
• Experience in designing Intrinsically Safe products;
• Knowledge of embedded software development;
• Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth experience (highly desirable);
• Experience in the radio communications industry (highly desirable); and
• Involvement in designing solutions with FPGAs
What else is in it for you includes:
• Four weeks’ paid annual leave per annum;
• 12 paid public holidays each year;
• Health insurance for you and your family;
• Lots of flexibility that may include work-from-home options;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Relocation assistance;
• Fantastic work-life balance giving you time to explore our many outdoors activities available as the door step to our beautiful Southern Alps;
• State-of-the-art office facilities with free on-site parking;
• Extra sick leave in your first year;
• Onsite gym and café facilities;
• Long-service benefits; and
• An active social club that includes BBQs.
Note: A more complete position description will be provided, along with detailed interview tips, to all shortlisted applicants.
New Zealand, our beautiful country, friendly people and world-class Kiwi lifestyle is closer than you think!
Go to my LinkedIn profile linkedin.com/in/larrybecknzrecruiter to read some of my 130+ recommendations.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to start your journey towards beautiful Aotearoa!
Note: The successful applicants must live and work in Christchurch, New Zealand. Work visa sponsorship is available to overseas candidates.