Job Posting Number AR-035
Job Title: Gastroenterologist
Open to: All Gastroenterologists who are eligible for New Zealand Medical Registration whose training and board certification is from a country that has a health care system similar to that of NZ as determined by the World Health Organisation.
Location: Auckland, North Island, New Zealand
Job Type: 12 months fixed Term
Relocation: One-way airfares for Physician and Family, three weeks’ accommodations and registration fees reimbursed
Salary: NZ$152,000-216,500 Base Pay DOE + additional money for rostered on-call support
Start Date: Within 90 days of offer
Work Status: Open to all overseas Gastroenterologists whose training was from a western country and English is your first, primary, native language.
• Are you a generalist Gastroenterologist?
• Or perhaps a Gastroenterologist with experience in EUS and ERCP to support our growing interventional endoscopy service?
• Interested in a full time Gastroenterologist (1.0 FTE) requiring only a 12 months’ commitment?
Demand for Gastroenterology outpatient and endoscopy services is consistently high and therefore we are looking for enthusiastic dynamic Senior Medical Officers to expand our Gastroenterology services.
This hospital is one of the largest public healthcare providers in New Zealand with four specialist teaching hospitals including Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre, National Women’s Health and Starship Children’s Health.
Currently 8 Gastroenterologists (6.4 FTE), 2 Registrars and 1 HO provide a full range of adult gastroenterology services to the central Auckland region (population 468,000). Clinical research is encouraged, and support for the organisations values will be essential.
The full time position involves 0.7 clinical sessions (endoscopy lists 3/wk and clinics 3/wk), as well as the on call roster and in-patient care.
What you require for these roles:
• FRACP or equivalent and vocational registration in New Zealand
• Specialist accreditation in endoscopy recognised by the NZ Gastroenterology Society
• Current Annual Practising Certificate, which you will apply for after receiving your registration, job offer and work visa;
• Trained in General Internal Medicine
• Ability to function as an autonomous consultant in a teaching hospital
• ERCP and EUS an advantage
• Both positions will involve training registrars and nurse endoscopists