If you hold NZ residency or Citizenship, have the experience my client is looking for, as noted below, and do *NOT* hold citizenship from the People’s Republic of China, Somalia, North Korea, Burma, Cote d’Ivoire, Iran , Eritrea, Congo, Lebanon, Libera or Libya then I would like to hear from you straight away.
Note: The successful applicant must hold NZ Residency or Citizenship in order to do contract or direct hire work for this NZ company. Apologies if you don’t meet this important requirement. I do anticipate more embedded vacancies in the future where NZ Residency or Citizenship is not required.
Where: Auckland, New Zealand
Work Type: Direct hire or Contract
Title: Graduate Embedded Software Engineer
Duties: You will be responsible for the design and development of embedded software for real-time interactive simulation and training applications, be part of a Scrum team that collectively delivers assigned project features and collaborate with other software engineers as well as systems engineers, hardware engineers and programme management
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to being part of a team that collectively:
• Produces high quality, robust, functional software with a passion.
• Develops software under version control and with continuous integration.
• Applies a test-driven approach to software design and development through implementing unit, integration and system acceptance tests.
• Participates actively in peer review and accepts and learns from peer review for their own work.
• Effectively contributes to all activities over the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Participate in design proposals in order to gain experience and contribute positively.
• Consults with other Engineers to evaluate hardware/software interfaces and functional performance requirements.
• Participates in in-house multi-disciplinary design reviews and technical meetings.
• Actively pursues and supports continuous improvement in personal and team performance.
• Tertiary qualification(s) in Engineering (majoring in Electrical, Electronic, Software or similar) or Computer Science.
• 0-1 Years experience in an Software Engineering role
• Internship or participated in or university projects applying experience in the field of electrical engineering or computer science
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to write and maintain code in C for ARM, 8051, AVR or similar microprocessors families.
• Automate repetitive engineering tasks using scripting languages such as Python.
• Able to interpret schematics and debug hardware using appropriate tools (logic analyzers, Oscilloscopes etc).
Please email me a copy of your CV in *WORD* format to get the ball rolling with your application for this vacancy.
Ngā mihi/Kind regards
Larry Beck, Director
Align International Recruitment Ltd
Christchurch, New Zealand
NZ: +64 3 366 8779 Mobile: +64 27 532 8779
Australia: 1800 750 493 UK: 0800 058 8772 USA & Canada: 1 800 511 6976
https://www.linkedin.com/in/larrybecknzrecruiter/ to read some of my 128 recommendations.