Job Posting Number AR-051
Job Title: Internal Medicine Physician Tropical Diseases Specialist
Open to: All Currently Internal Medicine Board Certified Physicians from western countries who speak, read and write fluent English. Must have worked in a hospital within three years of application date.
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Job Type: One Year Contract with option to extend if you and the clinic are happy with each other
Relocation: Yes there will be some financial help with some relocation costs
Salary: US$7,000 per month
Start Date: Within 30 days after registration and work visa are approved. (Note: Registration takes around four months *after* the successful candidate provides all of the required documents. Physicians are expected to comply with all requests for information on a priority basis and submit the necessary documents within 30 days after offer is accepted. The Clinic will advise what documents are required for both registration and the work visa.)
Certification: The Medical Clinic will sort out your medical registration/license for you.
Work Status: The Medical Clinic will provide the information for you to apply for your work visa
i. A single, one-way airplane ticket for the Doctor from your nearest airport to Da Nang per year.
ii. Housing for seven days upon arrival. (Note: They do not provide accommodations beyond the seven days);
iii. Free or at-cost health care for you and your family;
iv. Medical registration;
v. Work approximately 44 hours per week, 5-1/2 days a week with no night duties;
vi. Paid time off is approximately 14 days’ annual leave plus between 10 and 12 statutory national holidays;
vii. Malpractice coverage.
Cost of schooling isn’t covered.
Exceptional opportunity to experience multi-cultural diversity and grow your professional and personal skills;
Be part of a team of western educated, trained and experienced physicians who have been with the clinic for a number of years and are part of a highly professional, collegial team; and reasonable cost of living.
This is a privately held healthcare organisation in Vietnam which provides primarily health care to expats and local residents. They are the largest and first established foreign, privately held, international health care provider in Vietnam. They are building more outpatient clinics and also will have built a hospital for inpatients within 24 months to supplement fix clinics in major cities. They take pride in providing personalised support, excellent customer service and comprehensive medical care for the best value targeted to expats and local populations. Their team of physicians come from diverse locations such as the US, Canada, Israel, France, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, UK, Japan, Philippines, Australia, Argentina and Vietnam. This is a growing and thriving health care organisation with big growth potential and plans.
It’s important to understand that we are looking for someone who will commit 24 months. Although the initial contract may be for one year they are wanting to hire Doctors whom are prepared to commit up to 24 months should they and you get on well. Many of their physicians have been with them for a number of years. The ongoing, continuation of Physician’s work is crucial from their perspective and that of their patients as the patients always sees the same doctor. Therefore, the clinic takes pride in creating long-term relationships amongst their physicians as well as with their patients.
Last but not least, the work permit and the doctor license processes in Vietnam can take up to four months from the time the Physician has provided all of the required documents to approval of the medical license. Typically, it takes overseas Physicians one to three months to provide needed dossiers. Therefore, with this kind of time and effort invested on behalf of the Physicians to obtain their vocational registration/license and the necessary visas, a minimum one year commitment is required.
Primary Requirements and Duties Include:
1. At least five years’ relevant experience as an Internal Medicine Physician in a hospital setting or busy practice;
2. Must be currently board certified/registered/licensed in Internal Medicine;
3. Preferably Western educated and trained;
4. Fluent in English with a preference for a Doctor whose first, native, primary language is English;
5. Experienced in tropical diseases diagnoses and treatments;
6. Skilled in examining adult patients to ensure proper injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
7. Knowledgeable in prescribing required tests and perform follow-up visits, refer patients to specialists;
8. ACLS and ATLS certified;
9. Able to perform escort duties for medical evacuations;
10. Experienced in metabolic diseases;
11. Free of all litigation, complaints and losing medical license;
12. Excellent interpersonal skills; and
13. Have some good management experience, able and willing to perform some duties as the Medical Director;
14. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures;
15. Good judgement and goal orientated;
16. Able to multi-task and perform a variety of tasks;
17. Utilise your creativity with the latitude given; and
18. Able and willing to commit at least two years to start with.