Job Posting Number AR-012
Job Title: Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (OB-GYN) – Woman Only Physician
Open to: All Western Qualified, Trained, Women, English Speaking Currently Board Certified OB-GYN Doctors. ONLY APPLY IF YOU WERE TRAINED AND QUALIFIED IN WESTERN COUNTRY WITH ENGLISH AS YOUR FIRST, NATIVE AND PRIMARY LANGUAGE. DOCTORS FOR OTHER, THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES WHO APPLY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ANY VIETNAM BASED VACANCIES.
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Job Type: Permanent, Direct Hire, 26 months’ commitment required
Relocation: Yes there will be some financial help with some relocation costs
Salary: US$7,000 per month net after income tax paid by the clinic
Hospital Experience: Must have worked in a hospital setting for the past three years prior to applying for this vacancy.
Start Date: Within 30 days after registration and work visa are approved. (Note: Registration takes around four months *after* the successful candidate provides all of the required documents. Physicians are expected to comply with all requests for information on a priority basis and submit the necessary documents within 30 days after offer is accepted. The Clinic will advise what documents are required for both registration and the work visa.)
Certification: The Medical Clinic will sort out your medical registration/license for you.
Work Status: The Medical Clinic will provide you the required document for you to apply and pay for your work visa.
Benefits: One-way airplane ticket for the Doctor to Hanoi;
Housing for seven days upon arrival. (Note: They do not provide accommodations beyond the seven days);
Free health care for you and your family;
Visas for you and those who may be coming with you;
Work approximately 44 hours per week, 5-1/2 days a week with no night duties;
Paid time off is approximately 21 days plus 14 local public holidays;
Exceptional opportunity to experience multi-cultural diversity and grow your professional and personal skills;
Be part of a team of western educated, trained and experienced physicians who have been with the clinic for a number of years and are part of a highly professional, collegial team; and
Reasonable cost of living.
This is a privately held healthcare organisation in Vietnam which provides primarily health care to expats who reside in Hanoi and others parts of Vietnam. They are the largest and first established foreign, privately held, international health care provider in Vietnam. They are building more outpatient clinics and also will have built a hospital for inpatients within 24 months to supplement fix clinics in major cities. They take pride in providing personalised support, excellent customer service and comprehensive medical care for the best value targeted to expats and local populations. Their team of physicians come from diverse locations such as the US, Canada, Israel, France, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, UK, Japan, Philippines, Australia, Argentina and Vietnam. This is a growing and thriving health care organisation with big growth potential and plans.
All contracts include a three to four months’ probationary employment period.
It’s important to understand that we are looking for more long-term candidates. Although the contracts are one-year contracts, all of their physicians have been with them for a number of years. The ongoing, continuation of Physician’s work is crucial from their perspective and that of their patients as the patients always sees the same doctor. Therefore, the clinic takes pride in creating long-term relationships amongst their physicians as well as with their patients.
Last but not least, the work permit and the doctor license processes in Vietnam can take up to four months from the time the Physician has provided all of the required documents to approval of the medical license. Typically, it takes overseas Physicians one to three months to provide needed dossiers. Therefore, with this kind of time and effort invested on behalf of the Physicians to obtain their vocational registration/license and the necessary visas, a minimum two years’ commitment is required.
Primary Requirements Include:
Must be currently board certified in your specialty;
– Interview patients to understand their complaints and symptoms.
– Treat diseases related to female gender.
– Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose the medical condition of the patient.
– Develop a plan of care for each patient during prenatal and postnatal periods, including complete history, physical examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment and /or referral. Use all available resources in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
– Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
– Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
– Makes appropriate specialty and sub-specialty referrals, but maintain responsibility, assuring continuing of care.
– Perform general gynecological and obstetric surgical procedures within area of competence that are both diagnostic and therapeutic, using both minimally invasive and traditional surgical techniques.
– Collect records and maintain patient information (medical history, reports and examination results) in the system.
– Perform and read Pap smear.
– Ability to read mammography.
– Perform and read gynecological ultrasound.
– Do “Panorama” service.
– Direct and coordinate activities and treatment by nurses, therapists, specialists and other medical staff.
– Maintain clear communication with other staff regarding patients’ condition and treatment.
– Provide consultancy services to other physicians.
– Ensure patients are treated with respectful and appropriate manner.
– Participate in events discussing about diet, healthy living, hygiene, and disease prevention.
– Participate in weekly doctors’ meetings.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Holding a formal MD degree and specialty training certificate in OB/GYN.
– Holding a valid medical practice license.
– Ability to read and interpret clinical data.
– Excellent English language comprehension and communication skills.
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Good computer skills and ability to work with Medical software.
– Good patient and customer service skills.
– Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
– Teamwork skill.