Job Title: Consultant Psychiatrist, Primarily Outpatient, Adults, Adolescents, Families
Open to: All Qualified, Western Trained, Board Certified Psychiatrists whose English is excellent. Preference given to native English speakers.
English: If English is not your first, primary, native language and/or you have not been using English for the past 10 years in your work setting then you must able and willing to take an English exam administered by the Vietnam Ministry of Health.
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Job Type: Permanent, Direct Hire
Commitment: Must stay for at least two years after passing 60 days’ probationary period
Probationary: Must be able and willing to work with full pay for 60 days’ probationary period before 24 months’ employment contract is presented
Hospital: Must have worked in a hospital setting during the past three years to meet Vietnam’s medical licensure requirements
Relocation: Yes, perhaps a little
Salary: US8,000 gross per month
Start Date: Within 30 days after registration and work visa are approved. (Note: Registration takes around four months *after* the successful candidate provides all of the required documents. Physicians are expected to comply with all requests for information on a priority basis and submit the necessary documents within 30 days after offer is accepted. The Clinic will advise what documents are required for both registration and the work visa.)
Certification: The Medical Clinic will sort out your medical registration/license for you.
Work Status: The Medical Clinic will help you sort out your visas and registration, but you must apply for the work visa yourself
Benefits: One-way airplane ticket for the Doctor to Hanoi;
Cheap cost of living;
Housing for seven days upon arrival. (Note: They do not provide accommodations beyond the seven days);
Health care for you and your family at cost;
Medical registration; and
Visas for you and those who may be coming with you.
Commitment: 26 total months including two months’ probationary work period
Work approximately 44 hours per week, 5-1/2 days a week with no night duties;
Paid time off is approximately 21 days plus 14 local public holidays;
Exceptional opportunity to experience multi-cultural diversity and grow your professional and personal skills;
Be part of a team of western educated, trained and experienced physicians who have been with the clinic for a number of years and are part of a highly professional, collegial team; and
Reasonable cost of living.
This is a privately held healthcare organisation in Vietnam which provides primarily health care to expats who reside in Hanoi and others parts of Vietnam. They are the largest and first established foreign, privately held, international health care provider in Vietnam. They are building more outpatient clinics and also will have built a hospital for inpatients within 24 months to supplement fix clinics in major cities. They take pride in providing personalised support, excellent customer service and comprehensive medical care for the best value targeted to expats and local populations. Their team of physicians come from diverse locations such as the US, Canada, Israel, France, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, UK, Japan, Philippines, Australia, Argentina and Vietnam. This is a growing and thriving health care organisation with big growth potential and plans.
It’s important to understand that we are looking for more long-term candidates. Although the contracts are one-year contracts, all of their physicians have been with them for a number of years. The ongoing, continuation of Physician’s work is crucial from their perspective and that of their patients as the patients always sees the same doctor. Therefore, the clinic takes pride in creating long-term relationships amongst their physicians as well as with their patients.
Last but not least, the work permit and the doctor license processes in Vietnam can take up to four months from the time the Physician has provided all of the required documents to approval of the medical license. Typically, it takes overseas Physicians one to three months to provide needed dossiers. Therefore, with this kind of time and effort invested on behalf of the Physicians to obtain their vocational registration/license and the necessary visas, a minimum two years’ commitment is required.
Primary Requirements Include:
· At least five years’ relevant experience as a Psychiatrist in a clinical setting and;
· Must be currently board certified/registered/licensed as a Psychiatrist;
· Western educated and trained;
· Able and willing to work with people of all ages, most of who will be adults but you could asked to see also children and adolescents;
· English must be excellent with a preference for native English Doctors;
· Able and willing to commit at least two years to start with;
· Excellent patient facing presence;
· Excellent psychotherapy, psychodynamic and/or psychoanalytical skills;
· Excellent assessments and report writing abilities;
· Good team orientated, communications and interpersonal skills;
· Committed to treating all patients and team members with respect and dignity;
· Must have worked in a hospital setting during the past three years;
· Must commit to a 60 days’ probationary period;
· Must commit 24 months after passing your 60 days’ probationary period;
· Must be able and willing to take and pass Ministry of Health English exam if English is not your primary, first, native language;
· Proven ability to work with diverse peoples from many different countries and cultural backgrounds; and
· Flexible and adaptable.
Primary Duties Include but aren’t limited to:
· Help patients by evaluating medical and psychosocial conditions;
· Develop and implement treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications;
· Monitoring and evaluate treatment results;
· Evaluate patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons;
· Conduct physical examinations;
· Observe behaviours;
· Review medical history and related documents;
· Select, administer, and interpret psychological tests;
· Order laboratory tests and evaluate results;
· Develop treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioural disorders;
· Establish treatment goals and methodologies;
· Treat patients utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications;
· Discuss progress towards goals with patients;
· Provide instructions while monitoring effect of medications;
· Supervise staff provision of services;
· Maintain interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress;
· Consult and collaborate with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers;
· Ensure quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations requirements, and legal regulations;
· Participate in utilization reviews;
· Remain available for emergency consultations;
· Maintain historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events; writing summaries;
· Update job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; and
· Enhance departmental and organisational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Housing for seven days upon arrival. (Note: They do not provide accommodations beyond the seven days);
· Free or at-cost health care for you and your family;
· Medical registration;
· Work approximately 44 hours per week, 5-1/2 days a week with no night duties;
· Paid time off is approximately 21 days annual leave plus approximately 14 statutory national holidays; and
· Malpractice coverage.
· Cost of schooling isn’t covered.
· Exceptional opportunity to experience multi-cultural diversity and grow your professional and personal skills;
· Be part of a team of western educated, trained and experienced physicians who have been with the clinic for a number of years and are part of a highly professional, collegial team; and reasonable cost of living.