I would like to draw your attention to a permanent opportunity for a keen and skilled Software Engineer to join a telecommunications, Christchurch, South Island, New Zealand, based company who I have recruited for a number of years.
• Remuneration is NZ$80,000 to $125,000 per annum depending on level of experience and qualifications.
• Overseas applications are welcome by the employer and Align International Recruitment Ltd.
• This is a permanent position providing a road to permanent residency to overseas candidates.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
• Drive innovation and contribute to a team leading the software development of world-class broadband and LMR products;
• Work with a myriad of technologies ranging from low power embedded Linux devices, RTOS, networking, applications on smartphones and containerised applications running in AWS;
• Be part of a continually evolving, high functioning team with a great team culture – we collaborate and support each other to develop and share knowledge:
o Work with complex product life-cycle systems, undertake requirements capture, analysis and modelling;
o Contribute and influence design and code reviews;
o Participate in Team stand-ups and retrospective reviews;
o Be a knowledge leader on design solutions, and mentor/train others within the team.
o Contribute on various complex and challenging projects; and
o Participate in verification of other team members work by testing the products we build; and
o Growing careers by engaging with their mentoring program, and diving into the many opportunities to learn something new.
Skills that would make you an ideal candidate include:
• A keen interest in technology and solving problems;
• Experience developing software in a collaborative team environment; and
• A passion for working in a team and providing knowledge leadership/mentoring to collectively improve our practices and behaviours.
You will also need to have a good grasp on how to write software. Specifically:
• Experience of complex software design principles and patterns;
• Proficiency in either C++ or C is required;
• Substantial time spent using Linux; and
• An understanding of .NET is desired, ideally using Linux as a development environment
Skills and experience in the following areas would also be useful, though not mandatory, include:
• SIP based protocols;
• AWS / Cloud Infrastructure;
• Containerised applications; and
• Web Frontend / APIs.
What else is in it for you includes:
• Four weeks’ paid annual leave per annum;
• 12 paid public holidays each year;
• Health insurance for you and your family;
• Lots of flexibility that may include work-from-home options;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Relocation assistance;
• Fantastic work-life balance giving you time to explore our many outdoors activities available as the door step to our beautiful Southern Alps;
• State-of-the-art office facilities with free on-site parking;
• Extra sick leave in your first year;
• Onsite gym and café facilities;
• Long-service benefits; and
• An active social club that includes BBQs.
Note: A more complete position description will be provided, along with detailed interview tips, to all shortlisted applicants.
New Zealand, our beautiful country, friendly people and world-class Kiwi lifestyle is closer than you think!
Go to my LinkedIn profile linkedin.com/in/larrybecknzrecruiter to read some of my 130+ recommendations.
Successful candidate must live and work in Christchurch. Work visa sponsorship available to overseas applicants.