Job Title: Older People’s Rehabilitation Services (AR-142)
If you are currently licensed as a Physiotherapist in the US, or another Western country with English as your first, primary, native language, and are looking for a job or a new adventure then I would like to hear from you.
The job market for Physiotherapists in New Zealand is nothing less than RED HOT. I could place a number of Physiotherapists right now in NZ if there were ready to move down under.
This particular vacancy is based in Dunedin on the South Island of New Zealand that serves 350,000 people in diverse communities across a large geographical area for their health needs.
This position is part of community-based Rehabilitation Services being part of a friendly and supportive team offering both growth and professional development. You would be working in a dynamic and evolving community, inter-disciplinary team within the services covering Olde People’s Health Rehab Services. You would be working alongside other senior Physiotherapists and wider team members in planning and providing rehab to patients.
You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise in rehab with medical, orthopaedic and neurological conditions such as stroke.
• Must be currently licensed in the US, or your country of residence, as a Physiotherapist.
• Full driver’s license;
• Computer literacy;
• Eligible to receive your NZ Physiotherapist registration or license;
• Able to get an Annual Practicing Certificate prior to starting work;
• Able to meet Immigration New Zealand’s health, police background check and other requirements for a work visa;
• Able and willing to commit at least two years;
• Minimum of two years’ physiotherapy experience in a community setting with patients who present stroke and other neurological conditions;
• Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of optimising patient outcomes and facilitating effective rehabilitation in the community;
• Use a patient centred and evidence based approach to set goals and treatment intervention.
4 weeks annual leave per annum;
11 paid public holidays per annum;
May be some money for continuing education;
Malpractice insurance not required in most instances;
Don’t have to deal with insurance companies in most instances; and
Other things discussed at offer time.
Why New Zealand
1. People are lovely;
2. You don’t have to see a new patient every 15 minutes;
3. Sane politics;
4. Work here is much less stressful than in the US, UK and many other countries;
5. Great place to live and work;
6. Excellent place to raise children with a good public, school system; and
7. Our highly coveted, sought after, world class Kiwi Lifestyle.
Registration for most overseas Physiotherapists educated and trained in Western is reciprocal in most cases so you don’t have to sit an exam. It’s easy!
I’m happy to discuss salary and cost of living information with you.
Get your NZ unrestricted, full registration and I will be happy to have a no-pressure, informational chat with me about the entire process from registration, to interviewing for a job, work visa and any other questions that you may have.
New Zealand, our beautiful country, friendly people and sane politics are closer than you think!
Ngā mihi nui
Larry Beck, Director
Align International Recruitment Ltd
NZ: +64 3 366 8779 Mobile: +64 27 532 8779
Australia: 1800 750 493 UK: 0800 058 8772 USA & Canada: 1 800 511 6976
Go to https://www.linkedin.com/in/larrybecknzrecruiter/ to read some of his 100 recommendations.