If you hold NZ residency or Citizenship, have the experience my client is looking for, as noted below, and do *NOT* hold citizenship from the People’s Republic of China, Somalia, North Korea, Burma, Cote d’Ivoire, Iran , Eritrea, Congo, Lebanon, Libera or Libya then I would like to hear from you straight away.
Note: The successful applicant must hold NZ Residency or Citizenship in order to do contract or direct hire work for this NZ company. Apologies if you don’t meet this important requirement. I do anticipate more embedded vacancies in the future where NZ Residency or Citizenship is not required.
Where: Auckland, New Zealand
Work Type: Direct hire or Contract
Title: Senior Python Applications Engineer
Duties: You will define, design, implement and test software and support tools as well as provide technical guidance and leadership.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
• Analyse functional requirement;
• Understand and work with peripheral elements of assigned software work products (run time environments, databases, networks;
• Perform software testing;
• Assist in specification preparation and the assessment of products;
• Design and implement high quality, robust, functional software;
• Apply a test-driven approach to software design and development through implementing unit, integration and end-to-end system tests;
• Maintain and improvs development, test, and deployment environments, Participates in defect and enhancement management processes; and
• Participate in design reviews and executes changes under direction of a technical lead. May act as a technical lead on a specific project.
• Tertiary qualification in the field of engineering (majoring in electrical, electronic, software or similar), computer science or information systems;
• Five or more years’ experience developing and maintaining software systems;
• Skill level using Python programming language at the “expert” level;
• Experience in software application development using object-oriented languages;
• Development under Windows and Linux;
• Apply knowledge of good software development practices (TDD, SOLID design principles etc);
• NZ working rights with Residency or Citizenship required;
• Strong competency and experience in Delphi and C++ programming desired;
• Application development for Android OS desired; and
• Writing software design documentation including UML diagrams desired.
Please email me a copy of your CV in *WORD* format to get the ball rolling with your application for this vacancy.
Ngā mihi/Kind regards
Larry Beck, Director
Align International Recruitment Ltd
Christchurch, New Zealand
NZ: +64 3 366 8779 Mobile: +64 27 532 8779
Australia: 1800 750 493 UK: 0800 058 8772 USA & Canada: 1 800 511 6976
https://www.linkedin.com/in/larrybecknzrecruiter/ to read some of my 128 recommendations.