• Looking for a challenge in a developing service?
• Would like to work with a well-trained and coherent team?
Where: New Plymouth, North Island, New Zealand
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time, Minimum One Year’s Commitment Required
• 6 weeks annual leave per annum;
• 11 paid public holidays per annum;
• 10 paid CME days per annum for a total of 51 paid days off from work;
• $16,000 for CME per year;
• $15,000 approximate relocation if you commit to at least two years. Note: Relocation packages do vary from one employer to the next. Your offer could be less, more or different from the $15,000 noted here;
• Reimbursement of indemnity insurance, registration fees and college membership;
• May be eligible for up to 6% matching employer contribution to government actuary approved superannuation scheme; and
• Up to 30 paid sick days a year.
Why New Zealand?
1. People are lovely;
2. You don’t have to see a new patient every 15 or 30 minutes;
3. Sane politics;
4. Work here is much less stressful than in the US, UK and many other countries;
5. Great place to live and work if you are towards the end of your career and looking for an adventure for 2-3 years;
6. Excellent place to raise children with a good public, school system; and
7. Our highly coveted, sought after, world class Kiwi Lifestyle.
Permanent vacancies exist for motivated and experienced Psychiatrists to join a team of 13 other Psychiatrists and will work with a dedicated team of medical, nursing and allied health staff primarily caring for people in an integrated setting with complex needs requiring specialist mental health services. These positions will be part of our acute team primarily covering Acute ward – General Adult and Consult Liaison work at this hospital.
Consultation Liaison Psychiatrists are expert at the complex task of managing psychiatric illness in the context of the general hospital and the emergency department. The responsibility of the Psychiatrist is to assure that the proper medical evaluation and management are accomplished for the medical stabilization of patients before providing the necessary psychiatric treatment in collaboration with the patient’s clinical team. The Psychiatrist then arranges for psychiatric disposition, if and when that is clinically indicated. The main responsibilities are to review clients triaged by the crisis team or via telephone assessment, and admit if necessary, to the ward. Currently the job involves triaging GP referrals, managing patients admitted for detoxification to the medical wards and for liaising with medical / surgical wards for patients transferred from Te Puna Waiora, the inpatient unit. The Consult Liaison is a dual post that includes the Assessment and Brief Care team (ABC).
These posts are supported by Registrars.
Their Mental Health & Addiction Services provide a wide range of specialist services:
• Acute Services: 23 bed inpatient unit (4 beds in IPC), ABC team, home based treatment service, high and complex needs community supported rehabilitation service with 4 beds.
• Adult Mental health: 2 community teams, Tui Ora kaupapa Maori community mental health team and specialist services such as maternal, eating disorders, and early intervention.
• Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
• Mental Health Services for Older people.
• Alcohol and Drugs
As part of the MHAS Adult service you will be expected to:
• Provide consultant services to people requiring specialist care.
• Interact daily with other departments.
• Mentor junior medical staff and teach medical students attached to the service.
• Have the ability to work in a range of settings i.e. inpatient, outpatient and community settings inclusive of crisis work.
• Cover for colleagues in their absence.
• Participate in an on call 1:10 roster.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
Email email@example.com with a copy of your CV in *WORD* format to get the ball rolling!