• Provision of effective and efficient radiology services
• Appropriate and accurate radiological reports within agreed time frames
• Compliance with the requirements of the Practice Radiologists manual
• Clinical coverage shared on a rostered basis at various branches
• Ensure standards set by the practice accreditation protocols are adhered to
Education and Research
• Support and contribute to the governing board
• Provide education programs and support for radiology staff and referring practitioners as required
• Participate in credentialing
• Instruct, guide and supervise work of other radiology staff as required
• Participate in continuing medical education
• Works to the standards and targets set by the employer. Demonstrates commitment to doing the job well and right.
• Checks own work for required quality, striving to do things right first time and meeting quality and performance targets.
Influence and service
• Creates an impression of professionalism in all dealings with people. Creates positive first and lasting image in all such dealings.
• Shows customer & service orientation by ensuring customer service is always a priority.
Working with others
• Committed to teamwork and collaboration. Participates willingly in helping the whole practice perform well and co-operates with others in doing so.
• Open and honest in dealings with others, respecting their views, perspectives and concerns, and shaping actions and reactions in a manner that reflects an understanding of these. Able to effectively communicate own perspective to others.
Thinking and understanding
• Uses common sense, experience and an understanding of procedures to identify and solve day-to-day problems.
• Shows flexibility in applying work practices, depending on the situation, to achieve the practice’s objectives. Willingly ‘pitches in’ during emergencies, peak workloads etc.
• Displays a positive attitude to other staff, radiologists, patients, referrers and as an organisation.
• Demonstrates self-control in behaviours and interactions with others, moderating actions and responses to maintain and build effective relationships and a positive work environment.
Knowledge and skills:
• Professional level understanding of radiology practice and a good understanding of their clinical practice.
• Practical understanding of radiology assessment techniques.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Can communicate effectively with a wide range of patients and clinicians through appropriate choice of medium.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The position requires the skills and ability to:
• Work within a demanding clinical environment.
• Manage multiple tasks within defined performance criteria.
Specific requirements follow: Essential Preferred
• Radiology Board certification in home country.
• Specialist Vocational Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand (or for overseas candidates: Registered as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Council of New Zealand, and that the applicant will meet the requirement of New Zealand Medical Council of New Zealand for Specialist registration in New Zealand as a Radiologist)
• Current medical indemnity insurance
• Participate in the RANZCR CPD programme
• Demonstrated clinical competence in general radiology with experience in other modalities preferred.
• General radiology
• MSK HIGHLY DESIRED!
. Interest in nuclear medicine as a subspecialty a plus
• Intervention – biopsies, MSK injections
• Nuchal translucency
• Arterial/venous imaging
• Enteroclysis – CT and MRI
• Breast Intervention – hookwires, biopsies