The department of Radiology at Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral is seeking experienced Radiologists to join our team! We are interested in hearing from both interventional and diagnostic radiologists.
As a full time Radiologist at Palmerston North Hospital you would work in Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology including CT, Ultrasound and general imaging.
We would also be interested to hear from anyone with the following interventional skills:
• Vascular intervention including angioplasty/ stenting, embolization (neuro skills NOT needed)
• Biliary intervention, access, stenting
• All drain insertions
• Vascular access including haemodialysis access and PICC line insertions
• MSK intervention, e.g., US guided steroid injections is desirable
• Breast work (optional)
The department has an interesting and varied workload carrying out approximately 96,000 examinations a year in the provincial city of Palmerston North, servicing a total regional population of around 180,000. Regional services to a larger population also include: Oncology, Breast Screening, Renal and Urology, with clinics held at the hospital including Respiratory, Rheumatology, Paediatrics and visiting specialists from Wellington for Neurosurgery and Cardiothoracic surgery.
Palmerston North Hospital has up to date equipment including CT, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, DSA, and seven general digital radiography rooms and Nuclear Medicine with two gamma cameras. Medical Imaging encourages and supports close clinical interaction with our colleagues both within the hospital setting and the community.
What can they offer you?
• A diverse, dynamic and collegial team environment
• Ongoing training and development opportunities
• Six weeks annual leave per annum
• 10 paid days per annum available for continued medical education including a generous allowance towards costs of course and travel
• Generous relocation packages for national and international candidates
They actively encourage a work-life balance and appreciate flexibility can be important, so we are open to discuss options! Whether you are looking for permanent, fixed term or part time positions, we are open to it – please reach out for a confidential chat.
The MidCentral Region is ideally situated for those who like to work, rest, and play – beaches close by, ski fields and wineries just up the road, stunning scenery with loads of hiking tracks including Te Arapuke mountain bike track. Our region also offers excellent schools and a local university.