Thank you for taking a couple of minutes to look at this exciting and unusual career opportunity for a GP in beautiful New Zealand. If you’re wanting a better work/life balance then we would like to talk with you about our client and our world class Kiwi Lifestyle.
Title: General Practitioner Family Physician (06-376)
Location: Greymouth, South Island, New Zealand
Job Type: Direct Hire
Length: Minimum One Year Commitment Required
Start Date: Negotiable but generally within 60-90 days after offer acceptance
Work Visa: Ought to be approved within four weeks of receipt of application
The West Coast is a unique region that attracts people from all over the world. You will be surrounded by ocean, rivers and mountains within an area that offers endless recreation activities including fishing, hiking, kayaking and horse-riding. This is a great spot for those looking to escape the craziness of the city and try life at a different pace.
They lead the way in many respects when it comes to innovations in rural health delivery in New Zealand. You’ll experience supportive working relationships in the practice as well as enjoy the unique collegial relationships that stem from the diverse GP network on the West Coast – a network that as equally committed to the vision of an integrated primary health system as you are.
If you have specialised in rural health previously or if you are an experienced GP wanting to expand into the area of rural health, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. As a GP you will prioritise patient care, conduct clinical sessions and participate in a light on-call roster, which is shared amongst the town’s other medical practices. This position offers a team focused, positive working environment with plenty of room for growth and development.
Primary Technical & Related Requirements Include:
• Appropriate Medical Degree from a school which is eligible for locum and vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand;
• At least five years’ post board registration/certification/license in your home country preferably in a country which has a comparable health care system to that of New Zealand;
1. Excellent English, communications and team oriented work skills and if English is not your native language must have taken, passed and met English language requirements set out by MCNZ;
2. Able to receive your locum and VOC3 registrations in your specialty;
3. Able to travel within the district;
4. Current and valid driver’s license;
5. Able and willing to commit at least one year;
6. Committed to providing all of the required documentation in an accurate and timely manner to Align International Recruitment in order to assist you with your vocational registration;
7. Must have outstanding professional skills, commitment to the specialty and a vision to provide a team based service founded on excellence in all aspects of the business;
8. Must be a dedicated team player and leaders who is flexible enough to enjoy working as part of a team of health care professionals;
9. Be registered as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Council of New Zealand;
10. Experience as a General Practitioner or In Family Medicine/Primary Care;
11. ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support level 5 or above; and
12. A high standard of clinical care, management and time management skills.
They are able to offer GP’s a variety of unique opportunities – locum, fixed term and permanent contracts.
Applicants must have completed their GP training and be eligible for vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand. The position offers an attractive remuneration package, relocation assistance and CME allowance.
Your reply with a current copy of your CV is requested if you are potentially interested.
UK: 020 7101 9482
NZ: 64 3 366 8779