Title: Consultant Psychiatrists
Location: South Island and North Island
Job Type: Permanent, Direct Hire
Areas of needs: Inpatient psychiatrist hospital; Outpatient Community Mental Health; Community Alcohol & Drug at psychiatrist hospital and another vacancy for a psychiatrist with interest in Alcohol and Drug.
Our client is seeking to appoint a permanent Consultant Psychiatrist to support their well-established mental health service and allow for further service development which may include work across the District.
Southland offers superb opportunities for a lifestyle change with skiing, tramping (hiking), fishing, hunting, and stunning natural, unspoilt scenery right on your doorstep. Families are able to settle quickly into this community with the support of excellent schools and the wider hospital staff taking care to welcome and involve you in the community. Invercargill city is an easy place to live and our close proximity to holiday destinations such as Queenstown, Stewart Island and the Fiordland make it easy to get away for a break without the prospect of a long trip in the car.
Perhaps it is fishing, golf, a cycle ride, surfing, skiing or putting your feet up with a good book that is your thing? Whatever you fancy you can do more of it here, providing adult psychiatry services to the Southern New Zealand communities.
You will play a key role in the multi-disciplinary team, taking a leading role in maintaining and enhancing our already comprehensive service, while taking the initiative in developing new ones. You will see a wide range of presentations and provide clinics both at our client’s main clinic in Invercargill as well as our rural clinics. This psychiatric service embraces the use of technology, and you will need to be comfortable with technology and the use of videoconference in the clinical setting.
You’ll have the energy to make a positive difference with both patients and colleagues a like, being part of a service which works in an integrated model and the base in Invercargill has a supportive group of colleagues. In addition to enjoying a varied workload and an exceptional quality of life, you can look forward to a culture where staff are included, valued and respected for their expertise.
Located in the lower South Island, the Southern district offers a wide range of recreational activities. It is home to two of New Zealand’s national parks offering superb hiking and scenery, whilst internationally acclaimed fishing and a wide range of other outdoor pursuits are also available. Five top New Zealand snowboarding/skiing destinations are also within the region.
Recognised as an ideal place to raise a family, Invercargill is a modern city offering access to outstanding leisure pursuits and a caring, safe community. The city also has superb facilities such as the brand new sports stadium and cycling velodrome, excellent schools, a local tertiary provider where free fees exist and the University of Otago in Dunedin.
Southland Hospital is a teaching hospital outpost for the University of Otago’s Dunedin School of Medicine. Vacancies exist in Dunedin as well as other parts of the South Island and North Island.
Join an existing team of psychiatrists where you will have your choice of working with adults, children, adolescents and psychogeriatric specialties. Both long term and short vacancies exist. You will have the opportunity to provide outpatient clinics in rural areas of Southland as well as the larger centres such as picturesque Queenstown and Gore. The distance from big cities and the wide geographical area our client services translates into tremendous scope for variety for the successful candidate. You’ll be involved in Invercargill’s brand new purpose built acute inpatient facility as well as child, adolescent and family services; community forensic services; adult community health teams in Invercargill, Gore and Queenstown; and alcohol and drug services, including methadone.
Primary Requirements Include:
• Appropriate Medical Degree from a school which is eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand;
• At least five years’ post board registration/certification/license in your home country preferably in a country which has a comparable health care system to that of New Zealand;
• Have existing NZ work authorisation or able to get a work visa and start work within a reasonable amount of time after offer which requires passing Immigration’s health and background checks amongst other criteria;
• Excellent English, communications and team oriented work skills;
• Able to receive your vocational registration in psychiatry;
• Able to travel within the district and province;
• Current and valid driver’s license;
• Able and willing to commit at least 1-2, or longer; and
• Committed to providing all of the required documentation in an accurate and timely manner to Align International Recruitment in order to assist you with your vocational registration.
• Must have outstanding professional skills, commitment to the specialty and a vision to provide a team based service founded on excellence in all aspects of the business.
• Able and willing to commit at least two years to our client.
• Possess a reasonable depth of experience and have an ongoing interest in following your case load, whether inpatient or community.
• Having a special interest in areas such as Primary Health and/or Rural Health is a plus.
• Must be a dedicated team player and leaders who is flexible enough to enjoy working as part of a small services’ team alongside other professionals.
Applicants must have completed their specialist training and be eligible for vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand. The position offers an attractive remuneration package, relocation assistance in most instances and CME allowance