Job Description – Consultant Radiologist – full-time, permanent; locum
Rotorua Hospital, New Zealand
Our client is seeking enthusiastic and motivated Consultant Radiologists to join their team based at Rotorua Hospital.
They provide healthcare to a population of 112,000 people from its two general hospitals in Rotorua and Taupō, a top tourist area of New Zealand. We take pride in all our services we provide and aim to improve, promote and protect health in our region.
The Lakes region is a fantastic place to live and play, there are many spots to explore from geothermal wonderlands, to the stunning lakes in summer, skiing in winter down the road by Taupō, to the beach less than an hour away, and the infamous redwoods for grounding walks and fun mountain bike trails. Please look at what we have to offer as a region for you Rotorua – Great Place to Live. Rotorua has hot and thermal springs similar to Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA.
They offer an attractive and competitive salary package including generous moving expenses, CPE, on call, retention and telephone allowances for permanent appointments. They even pay for your medical council registration, college membership and indemnity insurance for permanent positions, not for locums.
Imaging provided in most modalities via:
• 1.5T Siemens Magnetom Aera MRI
• GE Resolution GSI CT (due for replacement late 2023)
• Siemens Artis Zee C-arm fluoroscopy suite
• GE Logic E9 and new E10 ultrasound units
• Teleradiology service covers overnight on call
• Home reporting available for evening on call
• Healthy department quality/ audit/ peer review and teaching activities
• Opportunity to work in private practice
• Hold FRANZCR/FRCR/ACR Board certification or equivalent
• Be eligible for specialist registration or be within three months of obtaining it
• Be eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
Benefits for permanent employees include:
* Six weeks’ paid vacation;
* 13 paid public holidays;
* Generous relocation package;
* 10 paid off days for CME per annum;
* $16,000 for CME per annum;
* Lots of paid sick leave; and
* More goodies.