: Medical Officer Doctor Physician
primary requirements – Specialist Radiologist
- 1. Must have the appropriate MD qualifications.
- 2. Must be able to receive the appropriate registration from the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- 3. Ideally, able to receive your Vocational Registration in New Zealand.
- 4. Must have at least five or more years experience as a radiologist.
- 5. A high standard of clinical care, management and time management skills.
- 6. Current Annual Practising Certificate as may be required.
- 7. Must be able to work in a culturally appropriate manner and have a working knowledge of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- 8. Full, current and clean NZ drivers licence or a licence from a country recognised by Land Transport Authority.
- 9. Previous experience working in a multi disciplinary team desired.
- 10. Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 11. Good computer skills.
- 12. Good problem solving skills.
- 13. Ability to prioritise activities.
- 14. Effective interpersonal skills.
- 15. Ability to work as part of a team.
- 16. Ability to manage stress.
- 17. Sense of humour.
- 18. Able and willing to commit at least two years to our client.
- 19. Able and willing to work weekend days which is covered by a one in six roster.
- 1. Be part of a team of seven specialist radiologists, including six full time equivalents, who are part of a dynamic team servicing Hawkes’ Bay population of 150,000 with a regional hospital at Hastings.
- 2. With one or more advanced radiology departments in NZ you will have access to:
- i. 40 channel MDCT scanner;
- ii. 1.5T GE Excite HDI MRI;
- iii. 3 ATL HD 5000 ultrasound machines and a new state of the art 3D and 4D ultrasound to be installed shortly;
- iv. Recently installed GET combo catheter and vascular laboratory with flat panel technology;
- v. New Philips Omnidiagnost multipurpose fluoroscopy unit;
- vi. A fully integrated RIS/PACS and voice recognition system by GE Centricity.
- 3. Be part of ongoing education and professional development.
- 4. Participate in multidisciplinary meetings which are held daily, weekly and/or monthly with virtually all specialties involved.
- 5. Since the inception of teleradiology thee is no night tome on call requirement.
The beautiful Hawke’s Bay area enjoys a Mediterranean climate that produces the finest fruit and world wines available in the world. Situated on the sunny east coast of the north island, Hawke’s Bay is renowned for its climatic and outdoors orientated lifestyle. Wining, dining, river fishing, tramping, sailing and skiing are all easily accessible. A large selection of first class private and state schools are available with tertiary education situated at the Eastern Institute of Technology.
Paid annual leave, paid public holidays, on-call allowance plus some relocation assistance may be available.